...

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Penitence for others, gratefulness for me

Holy week is another moment to realize what Jesus have done for us way back thousand years ago. It is celebrated here in the Philippines. A season for religiosity especially for Roman Catholics. Having this realization it is evident that what happened in that glorious past of Jesus visit in the world have still strongly echoed in our present time through this season. For majority believers of Christ this is the time to appease our spirituality by examining our lives, our walk, and our direction in Him. For others just an opportunity to rest and be united with family. Whatever it may be, it is up to us on how to do it with the Lord, everything is permissible in our end. Having sacrificial effort for Christ like penitence is more on Physical offering. I appreciate it when one realize the need to repent and draw to God for reconciliation. And for me we are given privilege to do that every second of our lives, That's helpful. But as I find ways to realize how to feel the season, I came thinking sincerely on how I really view it, the sacrifice of Jesus for us. All I can see in my heart is the gratefulness that I feel for Him. That because of Him and what He has done for us has been totally the very reason why we have to be grateful. I just can't find any reason for penitential sacrifice that I should do to offer for what He has done, because It is already done by Jesus. Our sins was paid ones and for all right through the cross, where he offered Himself in behalf of us. Without Him doing that, we can't have this grace to have fellowship with God the Father, A holy and perfect God. And that we are still subject and livng under the law of his commandments.  That's why I am so grateful for Jesus for saving us and giving us this privilege to be with  God, Just through Him alone. Everyday we are to be grateful for that. Now as every one have their special ways to celebrate it, it's my opportunity to sensationalize the season to be more grateful and say it to Him in prayers. 2 thumbs up for Jesus! You're a major winner..Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment